Give Thanks Family Sail
Our final community sail of the year will take place on Saturday, Nov. 23, 2019 from 3:00pm-5:00 pm. Sail and celebrate of all the things we have to be thankful for!
Sail on a traditionally rigged tall ship from a bygone era, explore the largest wilderness on the planet (the ocean), and sit ringside in the busiest port in the Americas. Or get adventurous and become part of the crew.
All proceeds from community sailing events help support our year-round educational programs for underserved youth throughout Southern California aboard the twin brigantines, Irving Johnson and Exy Johnson – the Official Tall Ships of Los Angeles.
Reserve your spot now!
Members receive a 10% discount. Memberships start at $20. Some membership levels include Sunset Sail tickets. Visit our membership website.
Still have questions? Call the office at 310-833-6055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunset Sails run from 5:00pm – 7:30pm.
- Boarding begins 30 minutes before departure.
- Our tall ships are docked at Berth 78 in Ports O’ Call Village, next to the San Pedro Fish Market. Be sure to allow plenty of time to find parking – weekends are busy!
- Take the walkway that runs along Candy Town at Ports O’ Call Village. Wait outside our dock gate.
- You may bring your own food and beverages on board (wine permitted), but pack light and be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Layered clothing recommended as it can get windy on the water.
- Wear closed-toe, soft-soled shoes.
- We are a non-smoking vessel.
- No hard liquor allowed.
- Tickets are non-refundable and in the event you are unable to sail, your ticket will be considered a tax-deductible donation to the TopSail Youth Program.
Los Angeles Maritime Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We are not connected to any government agency and are solely dependent upon financial support from foundations, corporations, and individual donors to keep our life-changing program afloat.
Time: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Date: Saturday, November 23, 2019
Location: Berth 78 (Next to the San Pedro Fish Market) San Pedro, CA 90731
Tickets: $30 Child (12 & Under) & $60 Adult
Departure: Please arrive an hour early for check in.
Things to Bring: Something warm (sweater), and food or beverages of your choice.
To order tickets call us at 310-833-6055 or purchase tickets on Eventbrite (tbd).